This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
- 1.1. A case has been presented to illustrate the use of the Shea-Anthony antral balloon to reduce a fracture of the zygomaticomaxillary complex.
- 2.2. Because of the antral involvement that is present in a high percentage of these cases, cleansing of the antrum and introduction of the balloon can be done as part of the same operative procedure.
- 3.3. Adequate clinical and roentgenologic examinations are essential for the correct diagnosis of zygomaticofacial compound dislocations.
- 4.4. It must be remembered that competent neurologic and ophthalmologic examinations prior to surgical interference are imperative in these cases.
- 5.5. The minimal discomfort experienced by the patient, the lack of dermal scarring, the need for no cumbersome appliances, and the prompt bony healing of the fracture area make this technique an adjunct to be considered in the treatment of zygomaticofacial compound dislocations.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Maxillo-Facial Anatomy.in: J. B. Lippincott Company, Philadelphia1954: 62-65
- Face Injury in Sport.Plast. & Reconstruct. Surg. 1954; 14: 224
- Treatment of Zygomatic Fracture Dislocations.J. Oral Surg. 1959; 17: 27
- Considerations in Diagnosis of Maxillary Fractures.J. Oral Surg. 1956; 14: 137
- Replacing Depressed Fractures of the Malar Bone.J. A. M. A. 1913; 60: 278
- Fractures of the Malar-Zygomatic Compound.Brit. J. Surg. 1927; 14: 651
- Management of Fractures Involving Paranasal Sinuses.J. A. M. A. 1931; 96: 418
- Internal Wiring Fixation of Facial Fractures.Surgery. 1942; 12: 523
- Treatment of Depressed Fractures of the Zygomatic Bone.J. Oral Surg. 1952; 10: 3
- A Modified Metal Urethral Sound: A New Instrument in Reduction of Zygomatic Fractures.J. Oral Surg. 1957; 15: 31
- Use of the Foley Catheter in Supporting Zygomatic Fractures.J. Oral Surg. 1959; 17: 39
- Tr. Am. Acad. Ophth. 56. 1952: 580 Symposium: Facial Injuries—Diagnosis and Surgieal Treatment of Fractures of the Orbit.
- Balloon Technic for Treatment of Fractures of the Zygomatic Bone.J. Oral Surg. 1956; 14: 14
© 1961 Published by Elsevier Inc.