This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Histochemical techniques for the determination of lactic dehydrogenase activity and succinic dehydrogenase activity were applied to the study of ten cases of epidermoid carcinoma of oral mucosa. A notable increase in lactic dehydrogenase activity was found, as well as a decrease in succinic dehydrogenase activity, when oral carcinoma was compared with normal oral mucosa.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- A Histochemical Study of the Distribution of Alkaline Phosphatase in Various Normal and Neoplastic Tissues.Am. J. Path. 1941; 17: 303
- Esterase Activity of Normal and Neoplastic Tissues of the Mouse.J. Nat. Cancer Inst. 1944; 51: 31
- Acid Phosphatase Activity in Human Neoplasms.Cancer. 1957; 10: 563
- Alkaline Phosphatase Activity in Neoplastic and Inflammatory Tissues of Man.Cancer. 1960; 13: 538
- Histochemical Demonstration of Esterase in Malignant Tumors.Cancer Res. 1951; 11: 709
- Acid Phosphatase Activity of Normal and Neoplastic Human Tissues.Cancer. 1954; 7: 92
- Cytochemical Study of Esterase Activity of Human Neoplasms and Stromal Macrophages.Cancer. 1961; 14: 369
- Distribution of Acid Phosphatase in the Tissues Under Normal and Under Pathological Conditions.Arch. Path. 1941; 32: 189
- A Histochemical Study of Human Oral Carcinoma.Oral Surg., Oral Med. & Oral Path. 1964; 17: 84
- Histochemistry of Experimentally Induced Leukoplakia and Carcinoma of the Hamster Buccal Pouch.Oral Surg., Oral Med. & Oral Path. 1964; 17: 207
- Metabolic Characteristics of Experimental Hamster Pouch Carcinomas.Oral Surg., Oral Med. & Oral Path. 1965; 20: 336
- Experimental Submaxillary Gland Tumors in Rats; Histology and Histochemistry.Arch. Path. 1964; 77: 305
- Histochemical Study of Oxidative Enzymes in Vertebrate Muscle.J. Histochem. 1964; 12: 171
- Cytochemical Demonstration of Succinie Dehydrogenase in Mouse Leukocytes.J. Histochem. 1962; 10: 402
- Histochemical Study of Three Dehydrogenase Systems in Human Tumors.Cancer. 1959; 12: 1238
- On the Origin of Cancer Cells.Science. 1956; 123: 309
- Lactic Dehydrogenase Activity in Cytologic Smears of Normal Oral Mucosa and Epidermoid Carcinoma.Acta cytol. 1965; 9: 437
☆This project was supported by Grant DE 01861-02, National Institutes of Health.
© 1966 Published by Elsevier Inc.