This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
A report of a child with severe congenital abnormalities consistent with a diagnosis of progeria and associated with Camurati—Engelmann's disease has been presented. Interesting features of the case were the marked sclerotic changes in, and increased density of, the ribs and the mandible. The congenital craniostenoses have also been discussed. The dental eruption appeared to be normal, although there was severe enamel hypoplasia 0 an Angle Class I occlusion and a posterior cross-bite.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Pediatric X-ray Diagnosis.ed. 3. Year Book Medical Publishers, Inc, Chicago1965
- Hereditary Symmetrical Osteitis of the Lower Limbs.Chir. org. movimento. 1922; 6: 662
- Progressive Diaphyseal Dysplasia (Engelmann's Disease).J. Bone & Joint Surg. 1964; 46-A: 143
- Ein Fall von Osteopathia Hyperostica (Sclerotisans) Multiplex Infantilis.Fortschr. Geb. Röntgenstrahlen. 1929; 39: 1101
- Engelmann's Disease.J. Bone & Joint Surg. 1956; 38-B: 312
- Engelmann's Disease (Progressive Diaphyseal Hyperostosis): Report of a Case.J. Bone & Joint Surg. 1951; 33-A: 793
- Progressive Diaphyseal Dysplasia.Radiology. 1948; 51: 11
- Achrocephalosyndactyly With Cardiac Abnormalities.Brit. J. Radiol. 1952; 25: 103
- Achrocephaly and Scaphocephaly With Symmetrically Distributed Malformations of the Extremities.Am. J. Dis. Child. 1920; 20: 235
- Camurati—Engelmann's Disease Affecting the Jaws.Oral Surg., Oral Med. & Oral Path. 1966; 22: 592
- Contribution on Engelmann's Disease.Deutsche Med. Wchnschr. 1963; 88: 188
© 1969 Published by Elsevier Inc.