This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
An extremely rare lesion—an intraoral soft-tissue myxoma of the lip—has been described. Myxomas are benign neoplasms of mesenchyme-like tissue, and they never metastasize. Surgical removal is the treatment of choice. If excision has been incomplete, recurrence is not uncommon.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Myxoma, Tumor of Primitive Mesenchyme.Ann. Surg. 1948; 127: 706
- Sarcomas of the Soft Tissues.CA, Bull. Cancer Prog. 1961; 11: 210
- The Myxomas in Childhood.Cancer. 1961; 14: 629
- Benign Myxoma of the Cheek; Case Report.Prensa méd. argent. 1957; 44: 3083
- Considerations of a Case of Myxoma of the Parotid.Clin. Pediat. (Bologna). 1961; 43: 747
- Somatic Tissue Tumors in the Head and Neck.Tr. Pennsylvania Acad. Ophth. 1962; 15: 101
- Oral Pathology.in: ed. 5. The C. V. Mosby Company, St. Louis1960: 1143
- Myxomas of the Soft Tissues: Report of Case of Myxoma in the Cheek.J. Oral Surg. 1965; 23: 140
- Color Atlas of Oral Pathology.J. B. Lippincott Company, Philadelphia1956
- Textbook of Oral Pathology.ed. 2. W. B. Saunders Company, Philadelphia1963
- Pathology of Tumours.ed. 3. Butterworth & Co., Ltd, London1960
- Tumors and Tumorous Conditions of the Bone and Joints.Lea & Febiger, Philadelphia1958
- Bone Tumors.ed. 2. The C. V. Mosby Company, St. Louis1959
- Contributions to the Study of Myxoma of the Larynx.Minerva otorhinolaryng. 1961; 11: 395
☆Presented at the Clinical-Pathological Conference of the New York Institute of Clinical Oral Pathology, Nov. 8, 1965.
© 1969 Published by Elsevier Inc.