This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
The clinical and histopathologic features of forty-six cases recorded as lateral periodontal cyst are reviewed. Three distinct types of epithelial lining were noted as well as varying degrees of inflammation. The data, although inconclusive, suggest that cysts arising in the lateral periodontal area may be of either an inflammatory or developmental odontogenic origin.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- A Textbook of Oral Pathology.in: ed. 3. W. B. Saunders Co, Philadelphia1974: 243
- The Lateral Periodontal Cyst.J. Periodontol. 1958; 29: 27-33
- Radiographic Interpretation of Oral Cysts.Dent. Radiog. Photog. 1956; 29: 61-68
- Cysts of the Oral Regions.in: ed. 3. Dental Practitioners Handbook. John Wright & Sons Ltd, Bristol1976: 35-41 (No. 23)
- Case Report of a Paradental Cyst.J. Am. Dent. Assoc. 1950; 41: 77-78
- The Paradental Cyst.Br. Dent. J. 1976; 141: 9-14
- Color Atlas of Oral Pathology.in: ed. 3. J. B. Lippincott Co, Philadelphia1971: 32
- Observations on the Pathogenesis of Primordial Cysts.Br. Dent. J. 1967; 123: 321-326
- Gingival and Lateral Periodontal Cysts.J. Periodontol. 1970; 41: 249-260
- Microscopic features of the Lateral Periodontal Cyst.Scand. J. Dent. Res. 1975; 83: 103-110
- Supernumerary Teeth.Dent. Cosmos. 1932; 74: 653-659
- Unusual Multilocular Cysts of the Jaws (Botryoid Odontogenic Cysts).Oral Surg. 1973; 36: 235-241
☆Supported in part by training grant No. Ca 19253-03, National Cancer Institute and American Cancer Society grant CF No. 3951.
© 1979 Published by Elsevier Inc.