This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Focal myositis, a benign inflammatory pseudotumor, is a relatively newly defined clinicopathologic entity which arises as a rapidly enlarging swelling within an isolated skeletal muscle. It occurs most often in the lower extremity, and we are reporting what we believe to be the first cases of perioral involvement. There is no apparent age or sex preference. Focal myositis must be differentiated from neoplasm, nodular pseudosarcomatous fasciitis, proliferative myositis, myositis ossificans, polymyositis, and, in the oral region, salivary gland lesions and hypertrophic branchial myopathy. No lesions have recurred.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Focal Myositis.Cancer. 1977; 40: 301-306
- Nodular Fasciitis: a Clinicopathologic Analysis of 65 Cases.Am. J. Clin. Pathol. 1961; 35: 122-136
- Proliferative Myositis.Cancer. 1967; 20: 2213-2223
- Extra-osseous Localized Non-neoplastic Bone and Cartilage Formation (So-called Myositis Ossificans), Clinical and Pathological Confusion with Malignant Neoplasms.J. Bone Joint Surg. 1958; 40A: 279-298
- Hypertrophic Branchial Myopathy.Neurology. 1974; 24: 1166-1170
- Polymyositis and Dermatomyositis.N. Engl. J. Med. 1975; 292: 344-347
- Polymyositis and Dermatomyositis.N. Engl. J. Med. 1975; 292: 403-407
- Unusual Submandibular Swelling.Br. Med. J. 1978; 2: 254
☆The opinions or assertions contained herein are the private views of the authors and are not to be construed as official or as reflecting the view of the Department of the Army, the Department of the Air Force, or the Department of Defense.
© 1979 Published by Elsevier Inc.