This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
A study was performed to evaluate the osseous crestal changes following maxillary and mandibular segmental osteotomies. Ten patients with 22 osteotomy sites were evaluated prior to surgery and 6 months postsurgery. Periodontal sounding measurements along with plaque and gingival indices were used as parameters. Except for two patients whose osteotomies were carried out between closely approximated teeth, no patients experienced significant osseous crestal level changes during the investigation period. This leads the authors to believe that segmental osteotomies may be performed without significantly modifying the height of interproximal bone.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Surgical-orthodontic correction of adult bimaxillary protrusion.J. Oral Surg. 1970; 28: 578
- Correction of dentofacial deformities by surgery in the anterior part of the jaws.Am. J. Orthod. 1973; 64: 162
- Small segmental and unitooth osteotomies to correct dentoalveolar deformities.J. Oral Surg. 1977; 35: 453
- Surgical-orthodontic correction of adult malocclusions: Single tooth dento-osseous osteotomies.Am. J. Orthod. 1978; 74: 551
- Combined anterior and posterior maxillary osteotomy.J. Oral Surg. 1976; 34: 126
- Surgical Treatment of Developmental Jaw Deformities.in: The C. V. Mosby Company, St. Louis1972: 146
- Interdental osteotomy for immediate repositioning of dental-osseous elements.J. Oral Surg. 1976; 34: 118
- Immediate surgical closure of multiple maxillary diastemas.J. Oral Surg. 1973; 31: 522
- Exposure of bone in periodontal surgery.in: Dent. Clin. North Am, March, 1964: 23
- The gingival index, the plaque index and the retention index systems.J. Periodontol. 1967; 38: 610
- Experimental gingivitis in man.J. Periodontol. 1965; 36: 177
- Periodontal condition in orthodontically treated and untreated individuals.Angle Orthod. 1974; 44: 48
- Orthodontic forces and recurrence of periodontal disease.Am. J. Orthod. 1978; 74: 41
© 1979 Published by Elsevier Inc.