This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Oxytalan fibers, identified by histochemical methods alone, were found embedded in the calcified material in 100 percent of the peripheral odontogenic fibromas examined. Since oxytalan fibers have been found embedded in bone in the periodontal ligament, the finding of these fibers in the calcified material of peripheral odontogenic fibromas adds considerable weight to the assumption that these lesions are of periodontal ligament origin.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- A Textbook of Oral Pathology.in: ed. 3. W. B. Saunders Company, Philadelphia1974: 264
- A Textbook of Oral Pathology.in: ed. 3. W. B. Saunders Company, Philadelphia1974: 265
- Observations on the Oxytalan Fibres of the Periodontal Membranes.Trans. Eur. Orthod. Soc. 1963; 39: 127-136
- Oxytalan Fibres in the Human Tympanic Membrane.J. Laryngol. Otol. 1970; 84: 1235-1239
- Differential Staining of Connective Tissue Fibers in Areas of Stress.Science. 1958; 127: 1240
- Oxytalan Connective Tissue Fibers: A Review.J. Oral Pathol. 1975; 3: 291-316
- Histological Study of Fibrogenesis in Experimental Inflammation With Special Reference to Elastic Tissue Formation.Br. J. Exp. Pathol. 1971; 52: 621-626
- Pre-elastic (Oxytalan) Fibres in the Developing Elastic Cartilage of the External Ear of the Rat.J. Anat. 1977; 123: 735-743
- Oxytalan Fibre Formation in the Cornea: A Light and Electron Microscopical Study.Histopathology. 1977; 1: 189-199
© 1979 Published by Elsevier Inc.