This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Two individual cases in which mental nerve paresthesia developed concurrently with sickle-cell crisis are described. A brief review of the hemoglobinopathies follows, with genetic considerations and clinical manifestations discussed.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Pathology.in: ed. 3. W. B. Saunders Company, Philadelphia1968: 626-627
- Clinical Disorders of Hemoglobin Structure and Synthesis.in: Meredith Corp, New York1969: 1-3
- Sickle Cell Anemia, a Molecular Disease.Science. 1949; 110: 543-548
- Gene Mutations in Human Hemoglobin: The Chemical Difference Between Normal and Sickle Hemoglobin.Nature (London). 1957; 180: 326
- An Introduction to the Haemoglobinopathies.in: Edward Arnold & Co., Ltd, London1967: 27
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine.in: ed. 8. McGraw-Hill Book Company, Inc, New York1977: 1688-1697
- Sickle Cell Disorders.Am. J. Nurs. 1977; 77: 1948-1954
- Bacterial Infection and Sickle Cell Anemia.Medicine. 1971; 50: 97-111
- Clinical and Hematological Manifestations of Hemoglobin CS Disease in Children.J. Pediatr. 1960; 56: 331-342
- Avascular Necrosis and Erythrocytosis in Sickle-Cell Trait.N. Engl. J. Med. 1974; 290: 442-444
- Avascular Necrosis of the Femoral Head in the Adult.Clin. Orthop. 1972; 86: 49-61
- Neurological Manifestations in Sickle Cell Disease.Ann. Int. Med. 1972; 76: 643-652
- Oral Manifestations of Hemoglobinopathies.Oral Surg. 1970; 30: 615-623
- Dental Bone Changes Occurring in Sickle-Cell Diseases and Abnormal Hemoglobin Traits.Radiology. 1955; 65: 762-769
- A Study of the Radiographic Features of the Jaws in Sickle-Cell Anemia.Oral Surg. 1974; 37: 812-819
- Thalassemia, Changes Visible in Radiographs Used in Dentistry.Oral Surg. 1968; 25: 564
- Roentgen Studies of the Maxillae and Mandible in Sickle-Cell Anemia.Radiology. 1952; 58: 517
- Cooley's Anemia: A Review of the Roentgenographic Findings in the Skeleton.Am. J. Roentgenol. 1957; 78: 381
- Intraoral Radiographic Changes in Sickle-Cell Anemia.Oral Surg. 1954; 7: 787
- An Evaluation of Some Roentgenographic Signs in Sickle-Cell Anemia and Its Variants.South Med. J. 1962; 55: 1123-1128
Reynolds, J.: The Roentgenological Features of Sickle-Cell Disease and Related Hemoglobinopathies, Springfield, Ill., Charles C Thomas, Publisher, pp. 87–93.
- Mental-Nerve Neuropathy: A Complication of Sickle-Cell Crisis.Lancet. 1977; 2: 388
© 1979 Published by Elsevier Inc.