This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Tissues from twenty-four patients with focal hyperplastic gingival lesions containing calcification were stained for lysozyme (muramidase), alpha-1-antitrypsin, and alpha-1-antichymotrypsin. In eighteen of the twenty-four cases the tissues stained positively for lysozyme, and in all instances the tissues stained positively for alpha-1-antitrypsin and alpha-1-antichymotrypsin. These data suggest that the fibrous components of these lesions are derived from tissue histiocytes.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Mesenchymal tumors of the oral region.in: Gorlin RJ Goldman HM Thoma's oral pathology. The C. V. Mosby Company, St. Louis1981: 861
- Immunohistochemical identification of lysozyme in cutaneous lesions of alleged histiocytic nature.Am J Clin Pathol. 1981; 75: 162-167
- Alpha-1-antitrypsin in human macrophages.J Clin Pathol. 1981; 34: 982-990
- Immunohistochemical markers of histiocytic tumors.Hum Pathol. 1980; 11: 300-301
- Malignant histiocytosis-immunochemical characterization on paraffin-embedded tissue.Virchow's Arch [A]. 1980; 385: 233-246
- Demonstration of alpha-1-antitrypsin in fibrous histiocytomas using the immunoperoxide technique.Am J Surg Pathol. 1982; 6: 559-564
- Pathology of soft tissue tumors.in: Lea & Febiger, Philadelphia1979: 77-121
- Relationship of lysozyme to histiocytic differentiation in malignant histiocytosis.Lab Invest. 1979; 40: 270
- Ackerman's surgical pathology.in: The C. V. Mosby Company, St. Louis1981: 1420
© 1985 Published by Elsevier Inc.