This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
A case of chondromyxoid fibroma of the anterior maxilla is presented. The light and electron microscopic appearances of this tumor are described. A review of chondromyxoid fibromas of the jaws is performed, with a discussion of the appropriate therapy.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Chondromyxoid fibroma of bone: a distinctive benign tumor likely to be mistaken for chondrosarcoma.Arch Pathol. 1948; 45: 541-551
- Bone tumors: General aspects and data on 6,221 cases.in: ed. 3. Charles C Thomas Publisher, Springfield, Ill1978: 57-70
- Chondromyxosarcoma of the mandible.J Oral Surg. 1951; 9: 319-328
- Chondromyxoma of the mandible.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 1952; 5: 816-822
- Tumors of the jaw.Indian J Surg. 1955; 17: 1-34
- Tumors of bone and cartilage.in: ed. 2. Atlas of tumor pathology. Fascicle 5. Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, D.C1971: 50-59 (Second Series)
- Chondromyxoid fibroma.Clin Orthop. 1971; 78: 323-329
- Clinical records: Chondromyxoid fibroma of the pterygopalatine space.J Laryngol Otol. 1976; 90: 971-978
- Chondromyxoid fibroma of the mandible.J Oral Surg. 1976; 34: 988-994
- Chondromyxoid fibroma of the mandible: a case report.Br J Oral Surg. 1977; 15: 19-25
- Chondromyxoid fibroma of the jaws.Head Neck Surg. 1982; 4: 330-334
- Chondromyxoid fibroma of the mandible.Br J Oral Surg. 1983; 21: 304-307
- Chondromyxoid fibroma of the mandible.Int J Oral Surg. 1978; 7: 23-26
- Chondrosarcoma of mandible misdiagnosed as chondromyxoid fibroma.Int J Oral Surg. 1980; 9: 221-224
- Autogenous boiled tumor bone immediate grafting of the mandible.Chin Med J. 1979; 92: 862-869
- Bone tumors: diagnosis, treatment and prognosis.in: W. B. Saunders Company, Philadelphia1979: 190-198
- The ultrastructure of chondromyxoid fibroma: its biologic and diagnostic implications.Clin Orthop. 1973; 95: 295-299
- Ultrastructure of benign cartilaginous tumors of intraosseous origin.Hum Pathol. 1979; 10: 71-86
- Chondromyxoid fibroma of bone: an electron microscopic observation.Acta Pathol Jpn. 1982; 32: 113-122
- Orthopedic diseases: physiology, pathology, radiology.in: ed. 2. W. B. Saunders Company, Philadelphia1963: 580-587
- Das Chondromyxoidfibrom.Langenbecks Arch Klin Chir. 1965; 312: 216-231
- Chondromyxoid fibroma of bone with emphasis on its morphological relationship to benign chondroblastoma.Cancer. 1956; 9: 195-203
- Chondromyxoid fibroma: a clinicopathologic study of 76 cases.Cancer. 1972; 30: 726-736
- Myxoma of bone in childhood.J Bone Joint Surg. 1961; 43-A: 67-80
- Chondromyxoid fibroma: the experience at the Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli.J Bone Joint Surg. 1983; 65-A: 198-204
- Chondromyxoid fibroma of bone.Radiology. 1970; 94: 249-260
- Chondromyxoid fibroma of bone.J Bone Joint Surg. 1962; 44-B: 7-24
© 1985 Published by Elsevier Inc.