This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
The present study was undertaken to determine the correlation between the radiographic appearance of nutrient canals and hypertension. Comparison was made in hypertensive and nonhypertensive patients of the same age group and similar oral status. The results showed an increased incidence of nutrient canals in hypertensive patients.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- The scope and limitations of roentgenography as a diagnostic procedure.Dent Clin North Am. July, 1961; : 379-389
- Roentgenological and anatomical study of maxillary sinus.Am J Roentgenol. 1936; 35: 586-590
- Roentgenographic interpretation for dentists.in: ed. 2. The C.V. Mosby Company, St. Louis1975: 26
- A study of mandibular nutrient canals.Oral Surg. 1977; 44: 635-645
- Pediatric x-ray diagnosis.in: ed. 7. Year Book Medical Publishers, Chicago1978: 1014
- Human physiology. vol. I. Medical Allied Agency, Calcutta1977: 569 ed. 9.
- Bailey's text book of histology.in: ed. 16 (Asian edition). Williams & Wilkins Company, Baltimore1973: 165
- Dorland's Illustrated Medical Dictionary.ed. 24. W.B. Saunders Company, Philadelphia1965
- Histologic changes in jaws and teeth of rats following nephritis, adrenalectomy, and cortisone treatment.Oral Surg. 1955; 8: 881-891
- Variation of the maxillary sinus as seen in the roentgenogram.J Am Dent Assoc. 1936; 23: 201
- Dental roentgenology.in: ed. 6. Lea & Febiger, Philadelphia1967: 393
- Differential oral diagnosis in systemic diseases.in: John Wright & Sons, Ltd, Bristol1970: 10
- Gray's anatomy.in: ed. 35. W.B. Saunders Company, Philadelphia1973: 220
- The significance of nutrient canals appearing on intraoral radiographs.Int Assoc Dent Res Program and abstracts of papers. March, 1968; : 162
- A study of mandibular nutrient canals.Oral Surg. 1977; 44 (Quoted by): 635-645
- Textbook of medical physiology.in: ed. 5. W.B. Saunders Company, Philadelphia1976: 826
- An intraoral sign of aortic coarctation.Appoponia (Sydney). 1936; 11: 167
- A study of mandibular nutrient canals.Oral Surg. 1977; 44 (Cited by): 635-645
- A study of skulls in American Museum of Natural History in relation to periodontal disease.J Dent Res. 1923; 5: 241-261
- Interdental canals.J Am Dent Assoc. 1927; 14: 1617
- Dental and oral x-ray diagnosis.E. & S. Livingstone, Ltd, Edinburgh1954
- Radiology of the teeth and jaws.in: ed. 2. Edward Arnold, Ltd, London1965: 47
- Textbook of oral surgery.in: ed. 4. The C.V. Mosby Company, St. Louis1974: 212
- Anatomy of the human body.in: ed. 2. Faber & Faber, Ltd, London1969: 11
- Anatomy of the human body.in: ed. 2. Faber & Faber, Ltd, London1969: 15
- Nutrient canals—a roentgenographic study.J Am Dent Assoc. 1948; 37: 671-675
- Davidson's principles and practice of medicine.ed. 12. Churchill-Livingstone, Edinburgh1977
- Clinical dental roentgenology.in: ed. 4. W.B. Saunders Company, Philadelphia1965: 186
- An atlas of normal radiographic anatomy.in: ed. 2. W.B. Saunders Company, Philadelphia1960: 45
- A radiographic study of nutrient canals.Oral Surg. 1976; 42: 693
- Influence of obesity and hypertension on severity of periodontitis in rats.Oral Surg. 1977; 43: 707-719
- The fundamental principles of alveodental radiology.in: Dental Items of Interest Publishing Company, Brooklyn1930: 320
- Histopathology of the human mandibular artery and arterioles in periodontal disease.Oral Surg. 1957; 10: 1047-1049
- The significance of “circulatory canals” in roentgenograms of alveolar process.Am J Orthod Oral Surg. 1942; 28: 640-651
- Pharmacology and pharmacotherapeutics.ed. 5. Popular Prakashan, Bombay1976
- Oral anatomy.in: ed. 5. The C.V. Mosby Company, St. Louis1970: 317
- Oral roentgenographic diagnosis.in: ed. 4. W.B. Saunders Company, Philadelphia1975: 2
- A statistical analysis of the nutrient canals and foramina in 500 periapical full mouth radiodontic examinations.Am J Orthod Oral Surg. 1942; 28: 427-442
- Diagnostic significance of nutrient canals.Dent Digest. 1953; 59: 301-303
- Bone and bones.in: The C.V. Mosby Company, St. Louis1947: 51
- Samson Wright's applied physiology.ed. 12. Oxford Medical Publications, New York1971
- Principles and practice of oral radiologic interpretation.in: Year Book Medical Publishers, Chicago1963: 50
- Principles and practice of oral radiologic interpretation.in: Year Book Medical Publishers, Chicago1963: 70-71
☆This paper was submitted by the senior author in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Master of Dental Surgery (Radiology), University of Bombay.
© 1985 Published by Elsevier Inc.