This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
The salivary epithelial-myoepithelial carcinoma of intercalated duct origin is a distinctive, biologically low-grade carcinoma with a predilection for the parotid gland. Nine examples from the M.D. Anderson Hospital in Houston, Texas, bring the number of published cases to 33. Immunocytochemical (S-100 protein, myosin, and keratin) and electron-optic studies strongly support an active myoepithelial cell participation in the histogenesis of these carcinomas.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Clear cell tumors of salivary glands.Ann Otol. 1980; 89: 196-197
- Über das Vorkommen sog heller Zellen in Speicheldrusentumoren: Ultrastruktur und Differential-diagnose.Z Krebsforsch. 1978; 91: 165-182
- Epithelial-myoepithelial carcinoma of intercalated duct origin.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 1982; 53: 280-287
- Use of avidin-biotin-peroxidase complex (ABC) in immunoperoxidase techniques: a comparison between ABC and unlabeled antibody (PAP) procedures.J Histochem Cytochem. 1981; 29: 577-580
- Histogenesis of benign pleomorphic adenoma (mixed tumor) of the major salivary glands: an ultrastructural and immunohistochemical study.Am J Surg Pathol. 1984; 8: 803-820
- The morphology of salivary glands.in: Academic Press, Inc, London1978: 93-99
- A comparative study on the immunolocalization of keratin and myosin in salivary gland tumors.Acta Pathol Jpn. 1984; 34: 1031-1040
- Distribution of S-100 protein in normal salivary glands and salivary gland tumors.Virchows Arch Pathol (A). 1983; 401: 237-249
- Role of antibody to S-100 protein in diagnostic pathology.Am J Clin Pathol. 1983; 79: 341-347
- Immunoreactivity of paraffin-embedded normal tissues and mesenchymal tumors for smooth muscle myosin.Am J Clin Pathol. 1983; 80: 677-681
- Myosin phosphorylation during contraction and relaxation of tracheal smooth muscle.J Biol Chem. 1980; 255: 9993-10000
- Histogenesis of salivary gland neoplasms.Otolaryngol Clin North Am. 1977; 10: 297-307
- Salivary gland neoplasia: an outcome of modified morphogenesis and cytodifferentiation.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 1980; 49: 229-232
☆This study was supported in part by a grant from the Caduceus Foundation, New York, N.Y.
© 1985 Published by Elsevier Inc.