This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Bilateral vertical incisions were made in the maxillary and mandibular labial mucosa of eight young green vervet monkeys. Incisions were closed with either interrupted 4-0 black silk sutures or by the application of isobutyl cyanoacrylate. Mucosal specimens containing the incisions were examined histologically and scored for degree of inflammation at 1, 3, 10, and 20 weeks. The results showed that cyanoacrylate and sutures did not produce similar inflammatory responses.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Higher homologous cyanoacrylate tissue adhesives in injured kidney.Arch Surg. 1967; 94: 392-395
- Intestinal anastomosis with N-butyl cyanoacrylate tissue adhesive.Surgery. 1967; 61: 567-572
- Higher homologous cyanoacrylate tissue adhesives in surgery of internal organs.Arch Surg. 1967; 94: 861-864
- Solid organ injuries in Vietnam emergency hemostasis with N-butyl cyanoacrylate adhesive.Arch Surg. 1970; 100: 109-112
- A use of tissue adhesive spray in skin grafting.Int Surg. 1972; 57: 978-979
- The use of isobutyl-2-cyanoacrylate as a postextraction dressing in humans.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 1974; 32: 264-268
- A comparative study of cyanoacrylate and other periodontal dressings on surgical wound healing.J Periodontol. 1969; 40: 515-520
- Free mucosal graft with tissue adhesive: report of 17 cases.J Periodontol. 1967; 39: 190-196
- Oral tissue response to chemical adhesives (cyanoacrylates).Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 1966; 22: 394
- The use of cyanoacrylates in periodontal surgery.J Periodontol. 1974; 45: 225-228
- Response of rat tongue to hextyl, heptyl, and octyl cyanoacrylates.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 1967; 24: 137
- Tissue response of rat tongue to normal and isobutyl cyanoacrylate.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 1968; 26: 573
- Human pulp capping with isobutyl cyanoacrylate.J Dent Res. 1972; 51: 58-61
- The response of alveolar bone to cyanoacrylate tissue adhesives.J Periodontol. 1968; 39: 28-34
- An in vivo microscopic study of the response of the microvascular system of dental pulp to isobutyl cyanoacrylate.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 1974; 38: 139-146
© 1985 Published by Elsevier Inc.