This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
A modified approach to the treatment of two patients with oral mucous membrane pemphigoid, using an adaptation of a custom fluoride carrier, is described. The method provided for occlusive topical steroid therapy, overcoming many of the obstacles to such treatment for oral lesions. Response was excellent, with no adverse local or systemic effects. Further clinical trials to determine the applicability of this form of therapy in the treatment of patients with a number of infectious, ulcerative, and vesiculobullous oral diseases appear warranted.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Management of dental problems in irradiated patients.University of Texas Press, Austin1972
- Prevention of xerostomia related dental caries in irradiated cancer patients.J Dent Res. 1977; 56: 99
- Histopathology of the skin.in: ed. 6. J.B. Lippincott Company, Philadelphia1983: 113-117
- A textbook of oral pathology.in: ed. 4. W.B. Saunders Company, Philadelphia1983: 837
- Oral lesions in bullous pemphigoid.Arch Dermatol. 1969; 99: 663-670
- Bullous and cicatricial pemphigoid: clinical, histopathologic, and immunopathologic correlations.in: ed. 3. Mayo Clin Proc. 52. 1977: 54-66
- Direct immunofluorescence in oral mucosal disease: a diagnostic analysis of 130 cases.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 1981; 51: 38-47
- Oral pemphigus and bullous pemphigoid. 1971; 216: 673-674
- Immunopathology of cicatricial pemphigoid: studies of complement deposition.Invest Dermatol. 1977; 68: 39-43
- Immunopathology of oral mucosal inflammatory diseases.Clin Exp Dermatol. 1977; 2: 97-107
- Cicatricial pemphigoid: direct and indirect immunofluorescent studies.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 1981; 51: 48-54
© 1985 Published by Elsevier Inc.