This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Neurilemmomas arising within the jawbones are rare. Most occur in the mandible as slowly growing enlargements that may or may not be painful; radiographically, they are large single or multiloculated radiolucencies mimicking other benign jaw lesions. The histology is characteristic, with Antoni A and B tissues and a well-defined capsule. This article reports an unencapsulated neurilemmoma of the mandible and reviews and summarizes the features of the central neurilemmomas in the literature.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Neurilemmoma of bone.Am J Clin Pathol. 1967; 47: 759-766
- Central benign and malignant neural neoplasms of the jaws.J Oral Surg. 1969; 27: 716-721
- Central neurilemmoma of the mandible: report of case and review of the literature.J Oral Surg. 1973; 31: 363-367
- Intraosseous benign neural sheath neoplasms of the jaws.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 1977; 44: 731-743
- Central neurilemmoma of the jaws: review of the literature and case report.Int J Oral Surg. 1978; 7: 300-304
- Neural tumors of the oral cavity; a review of the spectrum of benign and malignant oral tumors of the oral cavity and jaws.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 1980; 49: 509-522
- Schwannoma of the inferior alveolar nerve in association with the organ of Chievitz.J Oral Pathol. 1980; 9: 16-28
- Schwannoma of the oral cavity: review of the literature and report of a case.J Oral Med. 1984; 39: 41-43
- Malignant transformation of a benign encapsulated neurilemmoma.Am J Clin Pathol. 1969; 51: 144-149
- Central neurilemmoma of the mandible.J Can Dent Assoc. 1981; 47: 175-177
- Mandibular central schwannoma: report of a case.J Oral Surg. 1981; 39: 776-777
- Intraosseous benign nerve sheath neoplasms of the jaws: a review of the literature and case report.in: presented to the thirty-third annual meeting of the American Academy of Oral Pathology, San Diego1979
- Neurofibroma and neurilemmoma.in: ed. 6. Clin Proc. 5. 1946: 1-12
© 1985 Published by Elsevier Inc.