This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
The nevus of Ota is a macular discoloration of the face which is most commonly found in the Japanese. The sclera is also often affected. The oral cavity is less commonly involved in the Japanese and is rarely affected in non-Orientals. The present case is only the seventh reported in a non-Oriental patient with clinical oral involvement and the first to illustrate the histopathologic features of an oral lesion.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Nevus of Ota.Arch Dermatol. 1962; 85: 195-208
- In discussion on cases of nevus of Ota.Arch Dermatol. 1957; 75: 464
- Melanosis oculi, a variant of nevus of Ota.Arch Dermatol. 1962; 85: 740-742
- Facial pigmented naevus involving the sclera.Ophthal Rec. 1916; 25: 618-619
- Natural history of nevus of Ota.Arch Dermatol. 1967; 95: 187-195
- Blue nevus and its distinction from Mongolian spot and the nevus of Ota.J Invest Dermatol. 1954; 22: 225-236
- Oculodermal melanocytosis (nevus of Ota) and orbital malignant melanoma.Ann Ophthalmol. 1982; 14: 1132-1136
- Primary malignant melanoma of central nervous system.Arch Pathol. 1973; 95: 392-395
- Pigmentation des muqueuses dans le naevus d'Ota.Bull Soc Fr Dermat Syph. 1957; 64: 287-288
- Nevus Ota and nevus Ito in American Negroes.J Invest Dermatol. 1961; 36: 133-154
- Ota naevus: presentation of a case.Br J Plast Surg. 1972; 25: 49-52
- Unilateral nevus of Ota with sensorineural deafness.Arch Dermatol. 1974; 109: 881-883
- The nevus of Ota; case report.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1975; 55: 229-233
- Histopathology of the skin.in: ed. 6. J.B. Lippincott Company, Philadelphia1983: 699-700
© 1985 Published by Elsevier Inc.