This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Gemination and twinning are uncommon developmental anomalies of the hard dental tissue. These aberrations are manifested either as anomalous teeth or as supernumerary teeth. Six cases of gemination and twinning are presented in this article. A simplified classification of these anomalies has been suggested.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Congenital dental anomalies occurring in 3,557 children.J Dent Child. 1956; 23: 206-208
- Gemination; report of two cases.J Am Dent Assoc. 1955; 50: 194
- Gemination in the deciduous dentition: report of thirty-one cases.Br Dent J. 1958; 104: 238-240
- Gemination.Oral Surg. 1978; 46: 331-332
- Gemination and fusion.Oral Surg. 1975; 40: 816-817
- Bilateral gemination: a case report.Br Dent J. 1959; 107: 310
- True gemination in posterior teeth.Br Dent J. 1954; 97: 93-94
- Gemination, fusion, twinning and concrescence.J Dent Child. 1965; 32: 93-100
- Anomalies of the primary dentition.J Dent Child. 1955; 22: 57-62
- Panographic survey of U.S. Army recruits: analysis of dental health status.Milit Med. 1982; 147: 1059-1061
- A textbook of oral pathology.in: ed. 3. W.B. Saunders Company, Philadelphia1974: 37
- Hereditary tendencies in tooth formation.J Am Dent Assoc. 1934; 21: 1774-1776
- Abnormally shaped teeth from the region of the premandibula. Part III.in: Proc R Soc Med. 19. 1926: 39
- Inheritance connate incisors in the dog.J Dent Res. 1960; 39: 1101
- Double teeth.Br Dent J. 1970; 129: 123-130
- The linking tooth.Br Dent J. 1953; 95: 108-110
- Geminate tooth formation.Tschr Tandheclk. 1955; 62: 828-834
- Dent Abstr. 1957; 2: 41
- A mirror image double-tooth.Br Dent J. 1964; 125: 318-320
- Fusion of teeth.J Am Dent Assoc. 1979; 98: 62-64
- A collective review and atlas of dental abnormalities and diseases.Oral Surg. 1949; 2: 874-905
- Anamalous tooth development: case report of gemination and twinning.Oral Surg. 1963; 16: 883-887
- On the potential of the adult rat incisor odontogenic organ.J Biol Buccale. 1978; 6: 339-342
- Regeneration of tooth germs.J Anat. 1952; 86: 12-15
- Histologic changes in the incisor teeth or rats serially sacrificed after receiving 1,500r or 200 kv x-ray irradiation.J Dent Res. 1967; 36: 417-431
- Cyclophosphamide induced abnormalities in the incisors of the rat.J Dent Res. 1977; 56: 809-816
- Dental roentgenology.in: ed. 4. Lea & Febiger, Philadelphia1949: 392
☆The opinions contained herein are the private views of the authors and are not to be construed as official or as reflecting the views of the Department of the Army or the Department of Defense.
© 1985 Published by Elsevier Inc.