This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Dermoid cysts are commonly found throughout the body. However, they occur only rarely in the oral cavity; most commonly they are sublingual. This article reviews five cases of sublingual dermoid cyst, which have been the only ones seen in the diagnostic indices of the Royal Dental Hospital, Leicester Square, the Middlesex Hospital, and Queen Victoria Hospital, East Grinstead.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Detached branchial cyst occurring on the tongue of a neonate.Br J Oral Surg. 1982; 20: 288-293
- Dermoid cyst; report of case.J Oral Surg. 1950; 3: 740-742
- Ann Chir. 1907; 20: 368
- Sublingual dermoid cyst in infant: case report.J Oral Surg. 1972; 30: 437
- Dermoid cyst of the jaw.Br Dent J. 1971; 131: 543
- Traite des maladies chirurgicales de la bouche. vol. 2. Valleyre, Paris1778: 457
- Traite des maladies chirurgicales de la bouche. vol. 2. Valleyre, Paris1778: 558 ed. 5.
- Histopathology of the skin.in: ed. 5. J. B. Lippincott Company, Philadelphia1975: 465-466
- Dermoid cysts (dermoids) of the floor of the mouth.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 1955; 8: 1149
- Dermoid cysts of head and neck.Surg Gynaecol Obstet. 1937; 65: 48
- Dermoid cysts of the mouth.Br J Oral Surg. 1965; 3: 36
- Congenital dermoid cyst of the sublingual region: report of case.J Oral Surg. 1970; 28: 211
© 1985 Published by Elsevier Inc.