This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
The sagittal split osteotomy of the mandibular ramus is a common procedure used in the correction of mandibular deformities. Modifications of the procedure will be presented for advancement and setback of the mandible. Major advantages of this technique include controlled splitting of the segments and predictable positional control of the proximal segment. The advantages and disadvantages of rigid skeletal stabilization are discussed, as well as application to the modified mandibular ramus sagittal split osteotomy.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Biologic basis for modification of the sagittal split ramus osteotomy.J Oral Surg. 1977; 35: 362-369
- The surgical correction of mandibular prognathism and retrognathia with consideration of genioplasty. I.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 1957; 10: 677-689
- Retromolar osteotomy for the correction of prognathism.J Oral Surg. 1961; 19: 42-47
- A modified intraoral sagittal splitting technic for correction of mandibular prognathism.J Oral Surg. 1968; 26: 250-254
- Modification in the sagittal osteotomy of the mandible.J Oral Surg. 1977; 35: 157-159
- Complications of sagittal osteotomy of the mandibular ramus.J Oral Surg. 1972; 30: 554-561
- Mandibular advancement: skeletal and dental changes during fixation.J Oral Surg. 1977; 35: 881-886
- Skeletal relapse during intermaxillary fixation.J Oral Surg. 1973; 31: 212-227
- New concepts in maxillofacial bone surgery.1st ed. Springer-Verlag, New York1976
- Surgical treatment objective: a systematic approach to the prediction tracing.The C V Mosby Co, St. Louis1984
- The anatomical location of the mandibular canal: its relationship to the sagittal ramus osteotomy.Int J Adult Orthod Orthod Surg. 1986; 1: 37-47
- Osteosynthese bei sagittaler osteotomie nach Obwegeser-Dal Pont.Fortschr Kiefer Gesichtschir. 1974; 18: 145-148
- Bone screws and plates in orthognathic surgery.Int J Oral Surg. 1982; 11: 209-216
- A comparative study of wire osteosynthesis versus bone screws in the treatment of mandibular prognathism.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 1982; 54: 2-6
- Modified techniques for internal fixation of sagittal ramus osteotomies.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1984; 42: 270-272
- Stability associated with mandibular advancement treated by rigid osseous fixation.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1985; 43: 338-341
© 1987 Published by Elsevier Inc.