This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
The second reported case of unilateral facial palsy following intraoral coronoidectomy is presented. A differential diagnosis of facial palsy is discussed. The etiologic mechanism of facial palsy following intraoral coronoidectomy, however, remains speculative.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Bilateral coronoid hyperplasia: A developmental defect.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 1983; 55: 10-13
- Limited mandibular movements due to enlargement of the coronoid processes.J Oral Surg. 1958; 16: 183-191
- Reduction of mouth opening due to mandibular coronoid process enlargement.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 1979; 47: 131-134
- Delayed facial paralysis after a condylar fracture.Br J Oral Surg. 1977; 14: 220-223
- Facial nerve paralysis—Is it always Bell's palsy?.Postgrad Med. 1981; 69: 206-214
- On peripheral nerve paralysis.Arch Otolaryngol. 1972; 95: 317-323
- Facial nerve paralysis following sagittal split mandibular osteotomy: Case report.Br J Oral Surg. 1973; 11: 101-111
- Complications of sagittal osteotomy of the mandibular ramus.J Oral Surg. 1972; 30: 554-561
- Palsy of the facial nerve after intraoral oblique osteotomies of the mandible.J Oral Surg. 1979; 37: 743
- Contralateral facial palsy following coronoidectomy.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 1984; 57: 23-25
- Pathogenesis of Bell's palsy.Ann Otolaryngol. 1977; 86: 549-558
- Bell's palsy and diabetes mellitus.Lancet. 1971; 1: 108-109
- Prevention of delayed traumatic facial palsy.Brit Med J. 1967; 4: 464-465
© 1987 Published by Elsevier Inc.