This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Four patients with multiple myeloma refractory to conventional chemotherapy received high-dose melphalan. All experienced multiple oral complications. Extensive neutropenic ulceration and orofacial herpes simplex virus infection caused considerable morbidity in three patients during prolonged periods of neutropenia.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Hypergammaglobulinemia: monoclonal and polyclonal states.in: Lichtman MA Hematology for practitioners. Little, Brown & Company, Boston1978: 247-276
- “Nonsecretory” plasma cell myeloma—observations on seven cases with electron microscope studies.Am J Clin Pathol. 1972; 58: 618-629
- Management and prognosis of multiple myeloma.in: Mayo Clin Proc. 51. 1976: 751-760
- High-dose intravenous melphalan for plasma-cell leukemia and myeloma.Lancet. 1983; 2: 822-824
- High-dose melphalan with autologous bone marrow transplantation for multiple myeloma.Blood. 1986; 67: 1298-1301
- Evaluation of nystatin in prevention and elimination of oropharyngeal Candida in immunosuppressed patients.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 1984; 58: 148-151
- Oral mucosal complications in cancer chemotherapy.Aust NZ J Med. 1984; 14: 7-12
- Gingival lesions in leukemia: a classification.J Periodontol. 1984; 55: 585-588
- Oral complications of bone marrow transplantation.Aust NZ J Med. 1986; 16: 239-240
- Neutropenic ulceration: a distinctive clinical entity.J Periodontol. 1987; 58: 51-55
- A long-term prospective clinical study of orofacial herpes simplex virus infection in acute leukemia.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 1986; 61: 149-152
- The value of exfoliative cytology in the diagnosis of oral herpes simplex infection in immunosuppressed patients.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 1986; 62: 175-178
- Oral complications of bone marrow transplantation in adults with acute leukemia.Postgrad Med. 1979; 66: 187-196
- Aggressive combination chemotherapy in multiple myeloma.Scand J Haematol. 1985; 35: 205-209
- A methodological evaluation of 14 controlled clinical trials in myelomatosis.Scand J Haematol. 1985; 35: 26-34
- Undiagnosed oral herpes in immunosuppressed patients.J Oral Med. 1986; 41: 70-74
© 1987 Published by Elsevier Inc.