This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
In a 3-year period computed tomography (CT), both plain and in combination with sialography, and conventional sialography were used in 59 patients who had or were suspected of having salivary gland tumors, with special regard to attenuation in different tumors and the tumor borders. The diagnostic information obtained with CT sialography and conventional sialography was evaluated. The most valuable advantage of parotid CT sialography is the possibility of demonstrating the tumor and its actual size and relationship to the surrounding structures. The differentiation between benign and malignant tumors must be based mainly on clinical investigation and fine-needle biopsy. Conventional sialography may be an important complement to CT sialography because of its ability to illustrate the morphology of the finest ducts.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- CT sialography. II. Parotid masses.J Otolaryngol. 1982; 11: 11-24
- The combined CT sialogram.Radiology. 1980; 135: 387-390
- CT of parotid tumors.AJNR. 1982; 3: 143-147
- Computed tomography and sialography. I. Normal anatomy.J Comput Assist Tomogr. 1981; 5: 42-45
- Clinical staging system for cancer of the salivary gland: a retrospective study.Cancer. 1981; 47: 2712-2724
- Salivary glands—Normal anatomy, methodology, and pathology.in: Mancuso AA Hanafee WN Computed tomography of the head and neck. Williams & Wilkins Co, Baltimore1982: 168-202
- Management of parotid gland neoplasms.Am J Otolaryngol. 1980; 1: 155-167
- Parotid CT sialography.Radiology. 1981; 138: 393-397
- The anatomy of the facial nerve in relation to CT/sialography of the parotid gland.Br J Radiol. 1983; 56: 901-905
© 1987 Published by Elsevier Inc.