This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
There are histologic differences between odontogenic keratocysts occurring in the nevoid basal cell carcinoma syndrome (NBCCS) and as single lesions in otherwise healthy persons. This study identifies certain differences in age, gender, and site between the two groups. The age at removal of the first keratocyst is significantly lower in the syndrome group. On more thorough examination, patients with multiple keratocysts (excluding recurrences) are found to have other features of NBCCS. The termmultiple cysts refers to the lifetime history of the patient and does not necessarily imply that more than one cyst is present at any one time.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- The odontogenic keratocyst: clinical aspects.Br Dent J. 1970; 125: 225-231
- Multiple nevoid basal cell carcinoma syndrome.in: Gorlin R.J. Syndromes of the head and neck. 2nd ed. McGraw-Hill, New York1976: 520-526
- Multiple nevoid basal-cell epithelioma, jaw cysts and bifid rib syndrome.N Engl J Med. 1960; 262: 908-914
- The multiple nevoid basal cell carcinoma syndrome revisited.Birth Defects. 1971; 7: 140-148
- Multiple basal cell carcinomas and keratocysts—the Gorlin and Goltz syndrome.J Maxillofac Surg. 1979; 7: 229-307
- A comparative histological study of odontogenic keratocysts in basal cell naevus syndrome and non-syndrome patients.J Oral Pathol. 1987; 16: 75-80
- A comparative study of the clinical and histological features of recurrent and non-recurrent odontogenic keratocysts.J Oral Pathol. 1987; 16: 124-128
- The analysis of contingency tables.in: J Oral Pathol J Oral PatholjtJ Oral Pathol J Oral PatholjtJ Oral Pathol J Oral Pathol. Chapman & Hall, London1977: 80-107
- Het basocellulaire nevus syndroom.Niemeyer, Groningen1972
- The odontogenic keratocyst. A clinicopathologic study of 312 cases. Part 1. Clinical features.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 1976; 42: 54-72
- Some new findings in the basal cell nevus syndrome.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 1973; 36: 686-692
- Nevoid basal cell carcinoma syndrome.Medicine. 1987; 66: 98-113
- What is Gorlin's syndrome? The diagnosis and management of the basal cell naevus syndrome, based on a study of thirty-seven patients.Br J Plast Surg. 1976; 30: 62-67
- The basal cell naevus syndrome. Disasters occurring among a series of 36 patients.Cancer. 1979; 44: 2294-2305
- The odontogenic keratocyst. Histological features and their correlation with clinical behaviour.Br Dent. 1971; 131: 249-259
© 1987 The C. V. Mosby Company. Published by Elsevier Inc.