Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology
- Candidiasis in cancer patients.Am J Med. 1984; 77: 13-19
- Fluconazole prophylaxis of fungal infections in patients with acute leukemia: results of a randomized placebo-controlled, double-blind, multicenter trial.Ann Intern Med. 1993; 118: 495-503
- 1994 Annual Report of AIDS in Canada.LCDC, Health Canada. 1995; : 4-26
- Antifungal therapy in oropharyngeal mitotic infections.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 1990; 69: 32-41
- Candidiasis of the oropharynx and esophagus.Ear Nose Throat J. 1998; 67: 832-840
- Oral candidiasis.Am J Med. 1984; 30: 28-33
- Oral candidosis in long-term hospital care: comparison of edentulous and dentate subjects.Oral Dis. 1996; 2: 285-290
- Oral candidiasis: treatment choices.On Contin Pract. 1989; 16: 21-22
- Diagnosis and treatment of oral candidiasis.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1991; 49: 996-1002
- Oropharyngeal candidiasis: a review of its clinical spectrum and current therapies.Clin Ther. 1998; 20: 40-57
- Overview of studies of fluconazole in oropharyngeal candidiasis.Rev Infect Dis. 1990; 12: 334-337
- Drug development report (9): fluconazole in the treatment and prophylaxis of oral candidosis in HIV infected patients.J Drug Dev Clin Pract. 1993; 5: 235-249
- Prophylaxis of candidiasis in patients with leukemia and bone marrow transplants.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 1996; 81: 291-296
- Randomized comparison of oral fluconazole versus oral polyenes for the prevention of fungal infection in patients at risk of neutropenia: multicenter study group.J Antimicrob Chemother. 1993; 31: 973-984
- Salivary concentrations of ketoconazole and fluconazole: implications for drug efficacy in oropharyngeal and esophageal candidiasis.Ann Pharmacother. 1995; 29: 10-15
- Pharmacokinetic optimization of the treatment of oral candidiasis with fluconazole: studies with a suspension.Drugs Exp Clin Res. 1995; 21: 23-28
- Etiology, pathogenesis, therapy and prophylaxis of oral yeast infections.Acta Odontol Scand. 1990; 48: 61-69
- Treatment of oropharyngeal candidiasis in HIV-positive patients.J Am Acad Dermatol. 1994; 31: 51-55
- Current approaches to the management of fungal infections in cancer patients.Oncology. 1992; 6: 81-92
- The pathogenesis and clinical significance of cytologically detectable oral Candida in acute leukemia.Cancer. 1988; 62: 2042-2046
- Oral candidiasis.Clin Geriatr Med. 1992; 8: 513-527
- Oral yeasts, mucosal health and drug use in an elderly denture-wearing population.Spec Care Dentist. 1991; 11: 222-226
- Possible mycological etiology of oral mucosal cancer: catalytic potential of infecting Candida albicans and other yeasts in production of N-nitrosobenzylmethylamine.Carcinogenesis. 1987; 8: 1543-1548
- Oral candidiasis: pathogenesis and host defense.Rev Infect Dis. 1984; 6: 96-106
- Quantitative relationship between Candida albicans in saliva and the clinical status of human subjects.J Clin Microbiol. 1980; 12: 475-476
- Antifungal agents: an overview. Part 1.J Am Acad Dermatol. 1994; 30: 677-698
- Fluconazole: a new antifungal agent.Clin Pharmacol. 1991; 110: 179-194
- Clotrimazole treatment of oral candidiasis in patients with neoplastic disease.Am J Med. 1984; 76: 91-94
- Advances in the treatment of superficial Candida infections.Semin Dermatol. 1993; 12: 315-330
- Oral and pharyngeal candidiasis.Postgrad Med. 1989; 85: 257-269
*aHead, Department of Dentistry, Vancouver Hospital and Health Sciences Centre, British Columbia, Canada; Professor and Head, Division of Hospital Dentistry British Columbia, University of British Columbia; Medical-Dental Staff, British Columbia Cancer Agency; and Research Associate Professor, University of Washington, Seattle.
**bProfessor, Department of Oral Pathology and Oral Medicine, the Maurice and Gabriela Goldschleger School of Dental Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel.
*cFormerly, Senior Resident, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada; British Columbia Cancer Agency and Vancouver Hospital. Currently, in private practice, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
**Reprint requests: Joel Epstein, DMD, MSD, FRCD(C), Department of Dentistry, British Columbia Cancer Agency, 600 West 10th Ave, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V5Z 4E6 [email protected]