On March 30, 2004, a 65 year-old man was admitted to the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery of Chonbuk National University Dental Hospital complaining that a mandibular gingival mass caused some inconvenience when using his mandibular removable dentures. The patient had beenwearing maxillary and mandibular removable partial denture since December 2003. He had suffered from gingival hypertrophy for almost a month and sometimes experienced bleeding from the gingiva. The patient had been taking medication for a prior cerebral infarction and hypertension over the last four years.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Metastatic tumours of the mouth and jaws. A review of the Japanese literature.J Maxillofac Surg. 1982; 10: 253-258
- Metastatic tumours to the oral region. An overview.Eur J Cancer B Oral Oncol. 1995; 31B: 355-360
- Malignant neoplasms metastatic to gingivae.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 1977; 44: 238-245
- Oral metastasis of metastatic tumors.Postgrad Med. 1971; 49: 155-158
- Metastatic tumors to the jaws and oral cavity.J Oral Surg. 1979; 37: 805-808
- Primary signet ring cell adenocarcinomas of the lung.Histopathology. 2001; 39: 397-401
- Signet-ring cell (mucin-producing) adenocarcinomas of minor salivary glands.Am J Surg Pathol. 2004; 28: 89-93
- Neoplasms metastatic to the mouth, jaws and surrounding tissues.J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 1989; 17: 283-290
- Esophageal mucoepidermoid carcinoma containing signet-ring cells.J Surg Oncol. 1999; 71: 54-57
- Polymorphous low grade adenocarcinoma.Cancer. 1999; 86: 207-219
- Polymorphous low-grade adenocarcinoma of minor salivary gland. A comparative histologic and immunohistochemical study.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 1991; 71: 469-475
- Early gastric carcinoma with signet ring cell histology.Cancer. 2002; 94: 78-83
- The function of the vertebral veins and their role in the spread of metastases. 1940.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1995; 312: 4-9
Published online: January 18, 2006
Accepted: August 30, 2005
Received in revised form: July 29, 2005
Received: December 22, 2004
© 2006 Mosby, Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.