Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology
- Biosynthesis of rapamycin and its regulation: past achievements and recent progress.J Antibiot. 2010; 63: 434-441
- Clobetasol ameliorates aphthous ulceration in renal transplant patients on sirolimus.Am J Transplant. 2007; 7: 714-717
- mTOR inhibitor-associated dermatologic and mucosal problems.Clin Transplant. 2010; 24: 149-156
- Severe aphthous stomatitis associated with oral calcineurin and mTOR inhibitors.Int J Dermatol. 2010; 49: 91-94
- Severe stomatitis complicating immune-suppressive switch after cardiac transplantation.Acta Chir Belg. 2010; 110: 339-341
- Targeting tumorigenesis: development and use of mTOR inhibitors in cancer therapy.J Hematol Oncol. 2009; 2: 45
- The emerging safety profile of mTOR inhibitors, a novel class of anticancer agents.Targ Oncol. 2009; 4: 135-142
- Everolimus (RAD001): an mTOR inhibitor for the treatment of metastatic renal cell carcinoma.Expert Rev Anticancer Ther. 2009; 9: 705-717
Novartis. Afinitor; (everolimus) [prescribing information]. Available at: http://www.pharma.us.novartis.com/product/pi/pdf/afinitor.pdf. Accessed April, 2012.
- Everolimus: targeted therapy on the horizon for the treatment of breast cancer.Pharmacotherapy. 2012; 32: 383-396
- Everolimus in postmenopausal hormone-receptor-positive advanced breast cancer.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 520-529
- The BOLERO-2 trial: the addition of everolimus to exemestane in the treatment of postmenopausal hormone receptor-positive advanced breast cancer.Future Oncol. 2012; 8: 651-657
- Natural history, management and pharmacokinetics of everolimus-induced-oral ulcers: insights into compliance issues.Eur J Cancer. 2011; 47: 2249-2255
Pfizer. Torisel; (temsirolimus) [prescribing information]. Available at: http://www.pfizerpro.com/content/showlabeling.asp. Accessed September 2, 2011.
- Preliminary characterization of oral lesions associated with inhibitors of mammalian target of rapamycin in cancer patients.Cancer. 2010; 116: 210-215
- Clinical presentation and management of mTOR inhibitor-associated stomatitis.Oral Oncol. 2011; 47: 998-1003
- Oral adverse events associated with tyrosine kinase and mammalian target of rapamycin inhibitors in renal cell carcinoma: a structured literature review.Oncologist. 2012; 17: 135-144
- Recurrent aphthous ulcers: a review of diagnosis and treatment.JADA. 1996; 127: 1202-1213
- Aphthous ulcers.Dermatol Ther. 2010; 23: 281-290
- Managing stomatitis in patients treated with mammalian target of rapamycin inhibitors.Clin J Oncol Nurs. 2011; 15: E83-E89
Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events v3.0 (CTCAE), Version 3.0. Bethesda, MD: Cancer Therapy Evaluation Program, August 9, 2006 (http://ctep.cancer.gov/protocolDevelopment/electronic_applications/docs/ctcaev3.pdf).
- Toxicity and response criteria of the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group.Am J Clin Oncol. 1982; 5: 649-655
- FDA approval summary: temsirolimus as treatment for advanced renal cell carcinoma.Oncologist. 2010; 15: 428-435
- The risk of skin rash and stomatitis with the mammalian target of rapamycin inhibitor temsirolimus: a systematic review of the literature and meta-analysis.Eur J Cancer. 2012; 48: 340-346
- Cutaneous and mucosal aphthosis during temsirolimus therapy for advanced renal cell carcinoma: review of cutaneous and mucosal side effects of mTOR inhibitors.Dermatology. 2011; 223: 4-8
- Herpes simplex virus-1 (HSV-1) infection in radiation-induced oral mucositis.Support Care Cancer. 2006; 14: 753-762
- Oral complications of targeted cancer therapies: a narrative literature review.Oral Oncol. 2011; 47: 441-448
- Oral pseudomebranous candidiasis, herpes simplex virus-1 infection, and oral mucositis in head and neck cancer patients receiving radiotherapy and granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) mouthwash.J Oral Pathol Med. 2001; 30: 471-480
- Perspectives on cancer therapy-induced mucosal injury. Pathogenesis, measurement, epidemiology, and consequences for patients.Cancer. 2004; 100: 1995-2025
- Oral mucositis, pain and xerostomia in 135 head and neck cancer patients receiving radiotherapy with or without chemotherapy.TOCJ. 2011; 4: 7-17
Oral complications of chemotherapy and head/neck radiation (PDQ). National Cancer Institute; http://cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/supportivecare/oralcomplications/HealthProfessionalVersion. Last modified April 2, 2012. Page 15.