Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology
- The dentist's responsibility in the management of the patient with rheumatic heart disease.Am J Orthod Oral Surg. 1944; 30: 693-700
- Prevention of rheumatic fever and bacterial endocarditis through control of streptococcal infections.Circulation. 1955; 11: 317-320
- Antibiotic prophylaxis: problems in paradise.Dent Clin North Am. 2003; 47: 665-679
- Prevention of infective endocarditis: guidelines from the American Heart Association.J Am Dent Assoc. 2007; 138: 739-745
- Prevention of Viridans group streptococcal infective endocarditis: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2021; 143: E963-E978
- Antibiotic prophylaxis for infective endocarditis: a systematic review and meta-Analysis.Heart. 2017; 103: 937-944
- Infective endocarditis: a contemporary update.Clin Med. 2020; 20: 31-35
- Effectiveness and safety of surgical antibiotic prophylaxis in dental procedures in patients without underlying cardiac conditions: an overview of systematic reviews.Res Soc Dev. 2022; 11E32111426554
Institute of Medicine (US) Committee on Standards for Developing Trustworthy Clinical Practice Guidelines. Clinical practice guidelines we can trust. Graham R, Mancher M, Miller Wolman D, Greenfield S, Steinberg E, (eds). Washington (DC): National Academies Press (US); 2011.
- Appraisal tools for clinical practice guidelines: a systematic review.PLoS One. 2013; 8: e82915
- Systematic reviews of clinical practice guidelines: a methodological guide.J Clin Epidemiol. 2019; 108: 64-76
- A taxonomy and framework for identifying and developing actionable statements in guidelines suggests avoiding informal recommendations.J Clin Epidemiol. 2022; 141: 161-171
- Guidance for updating clinical practice guidelines: a systematic review of methodological handbooks.Implement Sci. 2014; 9: 3
AGREE Enterprise website. Agreetrust.org. Available at: https://www.agreetrust.org/my-agree/. Accessed February 2022.
- Assessment of implementability of an adapted clinical practice guideline for surgical antimicrobial prophylaxis at a tertiary care university hospital.J Eval Clin Pract. 2017; 23: 156-164
- The PRISMA 2020 statement: an updated guideline for reporting systematic reviews.BMJ. 2021; 372: n71https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.n71
- 2015 ESC Guidelines for the management of infective endocarditis: The Task Force for the Management of Infective Endocarditis of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). Endorsed by European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS), the European Association of Nuclear Medicine (EANM).Eur Heart J. 2015; 36: 3075-3128
National Institute for Health and Care Excellence 2015. Prophylaxis against infective endocarditis. NICE Clinical Guideline [CG64]. Available at: https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/cg64/evidence/full-guideline-addendum-pdf-2548210717. Accessed April 2022.
- JCS 2017 guideline on prevention and treatment of infective endocarditis.Circ J. 2019; 83: 1767-1809
Guidelines International Network (GIN). Available at: https://g-i-n.net/organisation/. Accessed April 2022.
- Minds Guide for Developing Clinical Practice Guidelines Ver. 2.0 by Japan Council for Quality Health Care Practice of EBM.Seishin Shinkeigaku Zasshi. 2017; 119: 158-165
- GRADE guidelines: 14. Going from evidence to recommendations: the significance and presentation of recommendations.J Clin Epidemiol. 2013; 66: 719-725
- Incidence and nature of adverse reactions to antibiotics used as endocarditis prophylaxis.J Antimicrob Chemother. 2015; 70: 2382-2388
- Antibiotic prophylaxis of infective endocarditis.Curr Infect Dis Rep. 2017; 19: 9
- Antibiotic prophylaxis for the prevention of infective endocarditis for dental procedures is not associated with fatal adverse drug reactions in France.Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal. 2019; 24: e296-e304
- Quality assessment of clinical practice guidelines for the management of paediatric dental emergencies applicable to the COVID-19 pandemic, using the AGREE II instrument. A systematic review.Heliyon. 2020; 6: e05612
- An exploratory quality assessment of orthodontic clinical guidelines using the AGREE II instrument.Eur J Orthod. 2017; 39: 654-659
- Quality assessment of clinical practice guidelines on treatments for oral cancer.Cancer Treat Rev. 2018; 65: 47-53
- Assessing the quality of dental clinical practice guidelines.J Dent. 2017; 67: 102-106
- Conflict between guideline methodologic quality and recommendation validity: a potential problem for practitioners.Clin Chem. 2006; 52: 65-72
- Clinical practice guidelines: tools to support high quality patient care.Semin Nucl Med. 2019; 49: 145-152
- Is antibiotic prophylaxis to prevent infective endocarditis worthwhile?.J Infect Chemother. 2018; 24: 18-24
- Leveraging implementation science to advance antibiotic stewardship practice and research.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2022; 43: 139-146
- The “Adapted ADAPTE”: An approach to improve utilization of the ADAPTE guideline adaptation resource toolkit in the Alexandria Center for Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines.J Eval Clin Pract. 2015; 21: 1095-1106