Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology
- Focal infection of dental origin.Dent Cosmos. 1922; 64: 1206-1208
- Focal infection revisited.Br J Rheumatol. 1994; 33: 370-377
- Focal infection.J Dent Res. 1996; 75: 1912-1919
- Focal infection: new age or ancient history?.Endodontic Topics. 2003; 4: 32-45
- The evidence base for the efficacy of antibiotic prophylaxis in dental practice.J Am Dent Assoc. 2007; 138: 458-474
- Antibiotic prophylaxis for infective endocarditis: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Heart. 2017; 103: 937-944
- Incidence and nature of adverse reactions to antibiotics used as endocarditis prophylaxis.J Antimicrob Chemother. 2015; 70: 2382-2388
- Risk of adverse reactions to oral antibiotics prescribed by dentists.J Dent Res. 2019; 98: 1081-1087
- Acceptance among and impact on dental practitioners and patients of American Heart Association recommendations for antibiotic prophylaxis.J Am Dent Assoc. 2013; 144: 1030-1035
- Prevention of infective endocarditis. guidelines from the American Heart Association: a guideline from the American Heart Association Rheumatic Fever, Endocarditis, and Kawasaki Disease Committee, Council on Cardiovascular Disease in the Young, and the Council on Clinical Cardiology, Council on Cardiovascular Surgery and Anesthesia, and the Quality of Care and Outcomes Research Interdisciplinary Working Group.Circulation. 2007; 116: 1736-1754
- Drug cost implications for antibiotic prophylaxis for dental procedures.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol. 2013; 115: 345-353
- The cost-effectiveness of antibiotic prophylaxis for patients at risk of infective endocarditis.Circulation. 2016; 134: 1568-1578
- Prevention of rheumatic fever and bacterial endocarditis through control of streptococcal infections.Circulation. 1955; 11: 317-320
- An evaluation of dental antibiotic prescribing practices in the United States.J Am Dent Assoc. 2017; 148: 878-886.e1
- Antibiotic prophylaxis of infective endocarditis.Curr Infect Dis Rep. 2017; 19: 9
- Assessment of inappropriate antibiotic prescribing among a large cohort of general dentists in the United States.J Am Dent Assoc. 2018; 149: 372-381.e1
- Antibiotic prophylaxis for dental procedures: are we drilling in the wrong direction?.Circulation. 2012; 126: 11-12
- The use of prophylactic antibiotics prior to dental procedures in patients with prosthetic joints.J Am Dent Assoc. 2015; 146: 11-16
- The dental treatment of patients with joint replacements: a position paper from the American Academy of Oral Medicine.J Am Dent Assoc. 2010; 141: 667-671
- Longitudinal antibiotic prescribing trends among US dental specialists within a pharmacy benefits manager, 2013 through 2015.J Am Dent Assoc. 2019; 150: 846-853.e5
- Survey methods to optimize response rate in the National Dental Practice-Based Research Network.Eval Health Prof. 2017; 40: 332-358
- The creation and development of the Dental Practice-Based Research Network.J Am Dent Assoc. 2008; 139: 74-81
- Purpose, structure, and function of the United States National Dental Practice-Based Research Network.J Dent. 2013; 41: 1051-1059
- John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, NJ2009 Survey Methodology. 2nd ed.
- What do our respondents think we’re asking? Using cognitive interviewing to improve medical education surveys.J Grad Med Educ. 2013; 5: 353-356
- Cognitive interviewing revisited: a useful technique, in theory?.in: Presser S Rothgeb JM Couper MP Lessler JT Martin E Martin J Methods for Testing and Evaluating Survey Questionnaires. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, NJ2004
- Research Electronic Data Capture (REDCap).J Med Libr Assoc. 2018; 106: 142-144
The National Dental Practice-Based Research Network. Available at: http://nationaldentalpbrn.org/. Accessed October 11,2019.
AYTM. Margin of Error & Sample size Calculator 2020. Available at: https://aytm.com/pages/mes. Accessed January 20, 2020.
Z Score Calculator for 2 Population Proportions. Available from: https://www.socscistatistics.com/tests/ztest/Default2.aspx. Accessed August 25, 2019.
- Prescription Drug Monitoring Program use: National Dental PBRN results.JDR Clin Trans Res. 2019; 4: 178-186
- Dentists’ practice patterns of treatment for deep occlusal caries: findings from a dental practice-based research network.J Dent. 2019; 84: 76-80
Supply of Dentists in the U.S.: 2001-2018 [Internet]. 2019. Available at: https://www.ada.org/en/science-research/health-policy-institute/data-center/supply-and-profile-of-dentists. Accessed October 4, 2019.