- Medication-related osteonecrosis of the jaw: definition and best practice for prevention, diagnosis, and treatment.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Path Oral Radiol. 2019; 127: 117-135
- Denosumab and bisphosphonates: different mechanisms of action and effects.Bone. 2011; 48: 677-692
- Awareness of medication related osteonecrosis of the jaws (MRONJ) amongst general dental practitioners.Br Dent J. 2017; 222: 121-125
- Medication-related osteonecrosis of the jaw: MASCC/ISOO/ASCO clinical practice guideline.J Clin Oncol. 2019; 37: 2270-2290
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons position paper on medication-related osteonecrosis of the jaw—2014 update.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2014; 72: 1938-1956
- Impact of dental care in the prevention of bisphosphonate-associated osteonecrosis of the jaw: a single-center clinical experience.Ann Oncol. 2012; 23: 193-200
- Readability of online health information: implications for health literacy.Inform Health Soc Care. 2011; 36: 173-189
- Health literacy and COVID-19.Health Info Libr J. 2020; 37: 171-172
- Health literacy and shared decision-making: exploring the relationship to enable meaningful patient engagement in healthcare.J Gen Int Med. 2021; 36: 521-524
National Centre for Education Statistics. The health literacy of America's adults: results from the 2003 National Assessment of Adult Literacy. Available at: https://nces.ed.gov/pubs2006/2006483.pdf. Accessed 25 June 2021.
Moser C. Improving literacy and numeracy: a fresh start. 1999. Available at: http://www.educationengland.org.uk/documents/moser1999/moser-report.html. Accessed 25 June 2021.
- A readability assessment of online Parkinson's disease information.J R Coll Physicians Edinb. 2010; 40: 292-296
- Dental patients’ use of the Internet.Br Dent J. 2009; 207: 583-586
- Recommendations for dental care during COVID-19 pandemic.J Clin Med. 2020; 9: 1833
- Content and quality of website information on the treatment of oral ulcers.Br Dent J. 2014; 217: E15
- Web-based information on the treatment of oral leukoplakia-quality and readability.J Oral Pathol Med. 2016; 45: 617-620
- Web-based information on oral dysplasia and precancer of the mouth—quality and readability.Oral Oncol. 2018; 82: 69-74
- Head and neck cancer information on the Internet: type, accuracy and content.Oral Oncol. 2009; 45: 675-677
- Online information on the treatment of burning mouth syndrome: quality and readability.J Oral Facial Pain Headache. 2017; 31: 147-151
- Online patient education materials for orthognathic surgery fail to meet readability and quality standards.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2019; 77 (180.e1-e8)
- Quality of information about maxillofacial trauma on the Internet.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2017; 55: 141-144
- Health information quality of websites on periodontology.J Clin Periodontol. 2017; 44: 308-314
- Web-based information on orthodontic clear aligners: a qualitative and readability assessment.Aust Dent J. 2020; 65: 225-232
- Quality and readability assessment of websites on human papillomavirus and oropharyngeal cancer.Laryngoscope. 2021; 131: 87-94
- Orthodontic temporary anchorage devices: a qualitative evaluation of Internet information available to the general public.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2020; 158: 612-620
Health on the Net Foundation. HONcode section for medical professionals. Available at: http://www.hon.ch/HONcode/Pro/intro.html. Accessed June 25, 2021.
Health on the Net. The certification process step by step. Available at: https://www.hon.ch/HONcode/Webmasters/StepByStep/StepByStep.html. Accessed 25 June 2021.
- Assessing, controlling, and assuring the quality of medical information on the Internet: caveant lector et viewor—let the reader and viewer beware.JAMA. 1997; 277: 1244-1245
- The QUEST for quality online health information: validation of a short quantitative tool.BMC Med Inform Decis Mak. 2018; 18: 87
- A new readability yardstick.J Appl Psychol. 1948; 32: 221-233
- SMOG grading: a new readability formula.J Read. 1969; 12: 639-646
EbizMBA. Top 15 most popular search engines. Available at: http://www.ebizmba.com/articles/search-engines. Accessed April 10, 2021.
- Evaluation of treatment risks and the quality of information contained within the websites of specialist orthodontists.Aust Orthod J. 2019; 35: 143-151
- Robotic-assisted total knee arthroplasty: an assessment of content, quality, and readability of available Internet resources.J Arthroplasty. 2021; 36: 946-952
- DISCERN: an instrument for judging the quality of written consumer health information on treatment choices.J Epidemiol Commun Health. 1999; 53: 105-111
- Informed consent and the readability of the written consent form.Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2017; 99: 645-649
- Saying it Clearly.U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, DC2000
- HealthLiteracy and PatientSafety: Help Patients Understand.American Medical Association Foundation, Chicago, IL2007 (Available at)Https://www.pogoe.org/sites/default/files/Health%20Literacy%20-%20Reducing%20the%20Risk%20by%20Designing%20a%20Safe,%20Shame-Free%20Health%20Care%20Environment.pdf(Accessed June 20, 2021)
- COVID-19 increases online searches for emotional and health-related terms.Appl Psychol Health Well Being. 2020; 12: 1039-1053
- An assessment of the treatment information contained within the websites of direct-to-consumer orthodontic aligner providers.Aust Dent J. 2021; 66: 77-84