Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology
Hilohi MC, Eicholtz G, Eckerd J, Spelic DC. Nationwide Evaluation of X-ray Trends (NEXT) Tabulation and Graphical Summary of the 2014–2015 Dental Survey. Available at:https://cdn.ymaws.com/www.crcpd.org/resource/collection/720B159D-BBFC-4C72-AB22-36BD9F25FCFE/E-19-2_2014-2015_Dental_NEXT_Summary_Report.pdf. Accessed February 21, 2021.
- Quality assurance: acceptance testing for digital dental intraoral sensors.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol. 2020; 129: 388-400
- Digital intraoral radiographic quality assurance and control in private practice.Gen Dent. 2014; 62: 22-29
- Evaluation of image quality parameters of representative intraoral digital radiographic systems.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol. 2013; 116: 774-783
- Comparison of the performance of intraoral X-ray sensors using objective image quality assessment.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol. 2016; 121: E129-E137
- Quality assurance tests for digital radiography in general dental practice.Dent Update. 2014; 41 (126-128): 131-134
- Fish scale artefact on an intraoral imaging receptor.Dentomaxillofac Radiol. 2017; 4620170224
- Postprocessing of all-zirconia restorations in digital dental radiographs: a quality assurance predicament.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol. 2019; 127: 330-338
- The role of software in quality assurance for indirect digital intraoral imaging.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol. 2020; 130: 313-321
- Guide to digital radiographic imaging.J Calif Dent Assoc. 2015; 43: 503-511
- Do dental radiographs show incipient carious lesions?.Clinicians Report. 2011;
Dentaltown. The truth about digital X-ray sensors. Dentaltown.com >Message Boards >Oral & Maxillofacial Radiology (Imaging) and Photography >Digital Radiography 07/08/04. Available at: https://www.dentaltown.com/Images/Dentaltown/magimages/0716/MBXRpg74.pdf. Accessed January 18, 2021.
California Dental Association. Radiation safety in dental practice. Available at: https://www.cda.org/Portals/0/pdfs/practice_support/radiation_safety_in_dental_practice.pdf. Accessed January 18, 2021.
Schick USB Module and Sensors User Guide Part Number 100003870 REV. Available at:https://assets.dentsplysirona.com/websites/dentsplysironasupport/schick-brand-software/Schick%20USB%20and%20Sensors%20User%20Guide.pdf. Accessed January 18, 2021.
- The effect of anatomical noise on perception of low contrast in intra-oral radiographs: an in vitro study.Dentomaxillofac Radiol. 2016; 4520150402
- Radiation protection in dentistry and oral and maxillofacial imaging, NCRP Report 177.NCRP, 2019
- Acceptance Testing and Quality Control of PhotostimulableStorage Phosphor Imaging Systems.AAPM, 2006 (Available at:)Accessed February 18, 2021)
- Assessment of image quality in dental radiography, part 1 Phantom validity.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 1999; 87: 115-122
- Quality assurance phantom for digital dental imaging.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2011; 112: 632-639
American National Standard Institute/American Dental Association Standard No.1094 Quality assurance for digital intraoral radiographic systems (ANSI/ADA Standard No. 1094). 2020.
- Acceptance Testing and Quality Control of Dental Imaging Equipment.AAPM, 2016 (Available at:)Accessed February 18, 2021)
- Applying the new ADA quality assurance standard to digital intraoral radiographic systems.J Calif Dent Assoc. 2021; 49: 291-299
- Radiation protection in dentistry. 145. National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements, Bethesda, MD2003
- Better imaging the advantages of digital radiography JADA. 2008; 139: 7s-13s
- Digital radiography in general dental practice: a field study.Swed Dent J. 2005; 29: 81-87
Medical Physicists Should Join the Movement— Image Gently… in Dentistry. Available at:https://www.imagegently.org/Portals/6/Dental/2016%20-%20What%20a%20Medical%20physicist%20needs%20to%20Know!.pdf?ver=2016-11-03-111541-297. Accessed February 18, 2021.
- Reference levels and achievable doses in medical and dental imaging: recommendations for the United States.National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements, Bethesda, MD2012 (172)
- The effects on absorbed dose distribution in intraoral X-ray imaging when using tube voltages of 60 and 70 kV for bitewing imaging.J Oral Maxillofac Res. 2013; 4: 1-7
International Atomic Energy Agency. Optimization in dental radiology: FAQs for health professionals. Available at:https://www.iaea.org/resources/rpop/health-professionals/dentistry/optimization#1. Accessed November 14, 2021.
- Effect of various digital processing algorithms on the measurement accuracy of endodontic file length.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2007; 103: 280-284
- Trends in use of medical imaging in US health care systems and in Ontario, Canada, 2000–2016.JAMA. 2019; 322: 843-856
- The use of dental radiographs: update and recommendations.J Am Dent Assoc. 2006; 137: 1304-1312
American Dental Association. Dental standards. Available at:https://www.ada.org/resources/practice/dental-standards. Accessed June 1, 2022.